Head to toe skin check at Belgravia Dermatology
- Why – A skin check by a Dermatologist can identify worrying skin growths at an early stage when they are curable or before they become into anything serious. Dermatologists use special tools that help them see just below the skin surface
- Areas – From a single mole to a full head to toe check. The examination can be limited to any area of the body as per your requirements
- Frequency – Annually unless there is a high risk of skin cancer in which case this can be every 3 to 6 months.
- Results – Immediately
- Downtime – None
What is the purpose of a head to toe skin check?
Skin cancers are becoming increasingly more common, so it is vital you examine your skin regularly and get to know your moles. Moles come in all different shapes, colours and sizes. You should alert your Doctor if you develop a new mole or if existing moles change in size, shape or colour. You should also see your Doctor if a mole begins to itch or bleed.
Our expert Dermatologists offer a full skin check. In this detailed examination of your skin from head to toe, all your moles and other skin lesions are examined. They are then looked at under the Dermatoscope, which enables the Dermatologist to see the pigment below the skin surface. Any abnormal moles or other lesions will be pointed out to you, and can be removed (sometimes on the same day). Advice on examining your moles will also be provided.
Head to toe skin checks at Belgravia Dermatology
- A full skin and mole check can be carried out by a Dermatologist
- This can detect any abnormal moles or skin lesions
- Most skin cancers that are detected early by Dermatologists are curable
- A regular skin check can give peace of mind that there are no abnormal lesions